Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The gist...

Welcome to my blog. I've already got a personal blog plus many other places where I vent so this one is going to be a bit different. Here's what I've got in mind...

Earlier this year, I started writing short reviews at a website called DVD Spot. I started to get really into it and actually looked forward to writing a review as soon as I finished whatever I'd been watching. They had a system in place where other users could rate reviews as "helpful" or "not helpful". Unfortunately, I seemed to have invoked anger in one particular user as most of my reviews were quickly met with at least one "not helpful" vote. Site admins looked into the situation and saw that it was one person with a vendetta so they removed his votes and restored everything. As time went on, it started happening again. This time, the admins did nothing because the site was more or less being ignored. So, rather than waste my time on work that some no-talent ass-clown could bash, I chilled out with the reviews. Now, DVD Spot is closing down for good. On October 15th, the site will cease to exist. I had to act quickly to find a home for my reviews. My good friend Lillian went out of her way to copy and paste every single one of my reviews and saved them to her blog. She didn't have to do that, but she did. She went waaaay above and beyond for me. Thanks to her, I was able to do this. What you have here is the new home for my movie reviews. Underneath this introductory post is the complete archive of 144 reviews. From 10,000 B.C. to Zodiac. Not to pat myself on the back, but some are pretty good. Others are fairly short and pointless. The wordier ones are the more recent ones. The shorter they are, the earlier they were written. For the most part, anyway.

At any rate, I intend to use this to post new reviews whenever I do start writing again. The format here looks as though I could do some pretty cool stuff. I intend to. Just stick around and see what I have to offer.

No comments: