Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The 4th Floor




207. The 4th Floor

The 4th Floor stars Juliette Lewis as Jane, a young lady who has inherited a rent-controlled apartment from her aunt who has recently passed away.

Shortly after moving in, Jane discovers that apartment living is not for everyone as she seems to have rubbed many of her neighbors the wrong way. What starts off as a semi-innocent feud with the neighbor on the fourth floor quickly escalates to something much more serious.

I liked this one. I found it to be slightly predictable but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. It was just engaging enough to keep me interested regardless of where I felt it was going. And just when I thought I'd seen everything, there comes a fight scene involving a massive amount of Styrofoam shipping peanuts. The cast is solid, with quite a few recognizable names. As mentioned earlier, Juliette Lewis is the lead. She's completely hit-or-miss with me but I liked her here. Others in the cast are William Hurt, Shelley Duvall, Austin Pendleton, Artie Lange and Tobin Bell. Just don't expect a horror flick. I've seen this one billed that way often. Don't believe the hype...it's most definitely a thriller.

Overall, The 4th Floor was much better than I was expecting it to be. I'd say it's worth a watch.

No comments: