Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Despicable Me




Despicable Me

Despicable Me tells the story of Gru, one of the world's leading villains.

Gru is used to being one of the baddest of the bad guys. His misdeeds have earned him notoriety throughout the world. When a huge crime takes place, he hatches a scheme to top it. What he doesn;t know is that he's about to face some competition in the form of Vector, a rookie villain.

I really enjoyed this one. Of all the kid/family movies I've seen this year, I'd rank it right at the top, even over Toy Story 3. It had the perfect blend of heart and laughs with enough stuff to satisfy the adults in the audience. Little bits like the "gru-ray player" were enough to bring a smile to my face. Gru's minions, the ubiquitous yellow guys from the poster/trailer/etc, were awesome and deserve their own movie down the road. The voice casting was top notch here. If I hadn't known who the actors were, I'd have probably had a tough time guessing who was whom. Steve Carell is Gru with Russell Brand, Jason Segel and Miranda Cosgrove in supporting roles.

Overall, Despicable Me was a really solid movie. I liked it quite a bit more than I was expecting to and definitely recommend it.

No comments: