Saturday, March 20, 2010

REVIEW: The Descent: Part II




100. The Descent: Part II

The Descent: Part II takes place immediately after the events of the original. It has the survivor from the first being taken back down into the caves in an attempt to locate the other girls. Needless to say, things don't quite go according to plan.

There's not a ton that I can say in terms of details for this one. It's still about a month away from an official US dvd release so I don't want to spoil it for those who plan on seeing it. All I can really say is that the story closely resembles the first movie with a bunch of people heading down into the caves and managing to get a bit too far gone. They encounter the crawlers, as seen in the original. The design of the crawlers has been modified a bit for this one. I prefer the original look but this new design isn't too bad. If you're curious to see, the poster featured on this review shows the face pretty darn well.

The action here is pretty solid. The encounters with the crawlers is lit decently enough so that you can actually make out most of the action this go-round. I found that there's not quite as much tension in this one but I think that was mainly because I knew what to expect whereas I was in the dark going into the first. Plenty of gore and blood for the gorehounds here.

Overall, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Perhaps not as much as the first but I'd still recommend it when it hits video on April 27th.

No comments: