Sunday, March 14, 2010

REVIEW: Fatal Beauty





95. Fatal Beauty

Fatal Beauty is a new type of cocaine that is flooding the streets of Los Angeles. Unfortunately, for some users, there is a bad batch that is cut with enough PCP to either kill you or drive you insane within 30 seconds. Whoopi Goldberg is LAPD Detective Rita Rizzoli and is on the case, trying to figure out where Fatal Beauty came from and how to get it off the streets.

I'm not gonna lie here...I can't stand Whoopi Goldberg. Never have, never will. Of all the movies that she's done over the years, there isn't a single one that she makes better. It seems like she's essentially playing the same character in each movie with very slight variations. That being said, the only reason I own this movie is because I got it in a twin-pack with Running Scared. I had two choices on Amazon. Either purchase Running Scared for $13.49 on its own or get the double feature with this for 50 cents more. While watching this movie, I realized I should have saved the 50 cents. I can understand why people like Goldberg, I just can't do it myself.

The only slight saving grace this movie has is the rest of the cast. Sam Elliott, Ruben Blades, Harris Yulin and Brad Dourif are all good. There are also a few other familiar faces here so that was a highlight. The story isn't anything special. It's been rehashed countless times by countless other cop movies.

There just really isn't anything worth recommending here. Skip it.

No comments: