Monday, January 11, 2010

1.11.2010



15. Blast from the Past

Tonight's random movie pick was Blast from the Past starring Alicia Silverstone and Brendan Fraser. Fraser is Adam Webber, a man who has spent the first 35 years of his life living with his parents in an underground nuclear fallout shelter. After a disastrous attempt by his father to go back out into civilization, he is sent out to pick up supplies to keep them stocked for the foreseeable future. On the surface, he meets Silverstone's Eve. I think you can figure out the rest from there.

This was a decent little movie. Fraser is good along with Christopher Walken and Sissy Spacek as his parents. Watching this reminded me of how big a crush I had on Alicia Silverstone back in the day. I'm not sure how she looks now but damn, she was hot in my eyes. She could do no wrong. Dave Foley is amusing here as Eve's gay roommate who looks a lot like my Aunt Louise. Strange. The story is a typical "fish out of water" deal with some laughs coming from Adam's inexperience with the ways of the outside world. Fairly predictable, as are most romantic comedies.

No comments: