Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Complicated




17. It's Complicated

Although it's only been in theaters for a few weeks as of this writing, It's Complicated manages to check in at number 17 for the year. This time of year, motion picture studios tend to send out dvd screeners to academy members to try and garner nominations for their movies. This is one such instance. For a screener, the quality here was perfect, just like a store bought disc. I wish I could say the movie itself was perfect, but alas, I cannot.

My biggest complaint is simply that the movie runs a bit long. Clocking in at just shy of two hours, they could have excised 10-15 minutes and helped the pacing a bit. It seems like it takes the better part of an hour to actually get to the "complicated" stuff. The leads are solid with Alec Baldwin being my favorite performance of the 3. Meryl Streep and Steve Martin are good though, no doubt. The highlight of the whole movie for me was John Krasinski. I might be a bit biased due to being a big fan of The Office but his scenes here were consistently the funniest. I haven't liked many of his film roles but he was good here.

Overall, It's Complicated is alright. I'd heard that it was extremely funny but I'd disagree. I found it more amusing than consistently funny. The cast makes it worth a watch.

4 comments:

EileenWanita said...

I kind of want to see this. Still on the fence about it. I like all the leads though, so I'll see it eventually.

Ed The Ripper said...

If you do see it, save yourself a few bucks and catch a matinee.

EileenWanita said...

Yeah,I'll probably watch it through less than legal means instead of paying to rent or buy it. :-p

Ed The Ripper said...

It's definitely out there for doing so. ;)