Friday, January 8, 2010

1.8.2010



11. Lucky Number Slevin

Lucky Number Slevin is one of those movies that I'd wanted to see when it came out theatrically. Back in 2006. I'd heard a lot of good things about it but didn't get around to it. Then I figured I'd see it when it hit video. Again, never managed to actually pop the dvd in the player. For some reason or another, it always got put on the back burner. Now, some 4 years later, I finally managed to watch the fucking thing. I'm currently kicking myself in the ass for not having watched it all those years ago. This was just a great movie. It's got a killer cast too with Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Ben Kingsley. It's a story of a guy who gets sucked into a world of gambling debts, bookies and genuinely bad guys thanks to a case of mistaken identity. Along the way, there are plot twists and enough action to keep you engaged. Some said that this was slow paced but I disagree. For a movie that was 105 minutes, it seemed to fly right by. Some good stuff here. It's definitely worth seeing if you haven't done so already.

No comments: